Re: editors/vim copy+paste no longer works

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:12:09 +0200
Juraj Lutter <otis%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> > On 5 Jul 2020, at 12:04, Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost>
> > wrote:
> >
> > issue, or a combination of my desktop environment and something
> > else.
> >
> > I'm running Debian with Xfce, and then ssh into NetBSD machine and
> > use vim there. I'll do some more digging on the Net and see if I
> > can find the cause.
>
> If yoy try holding Alt while selecting the text block?
>
> otis

Can't really use Alt, as window manager attempts to move window instead
of selecting text. Can't see a way to disable it.

Tested two versions of Vim, both built from pkgsrc and used via ssh:

Vim-8.1 - copy+paste works.
Vim-8.2 - copy+paste doesn't work.