Re: editors/vim copy+paste no longer works

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 11:23:10 +0100
Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:12:09 +0200
> Juraj Lutter <otis%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>

> > > On 5 Jul 2020, at 12:04, Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > issue, or a combination of my desktop environment and something
> > > else.
> > >
> > > I'm running Debian with Xfce, and then ssh into NetBSD machine and
> > > use vim there. I'll do some more digging on the Net and see if I
> > > can find the cause.
> >
> > If yoy try holding Alt while selecting the text block?
> >
> > otis
> >

> Can't really use Alt, as window manager attempts to move window
> instead of selecting text. Can't see a way to disable it.
>
> Tested two versions of Vim, both built from pkgsrc and used via ssh:
>
> Vim-8.1 - copy+paste works.
> Vim-8.2 - copy+paste doesn't work.

OK, found Xfce setting and unregistered Alt key. Selecting text with Alt
+ mouse and then pasting seems to work, but not ideal, since it only
works with GUI applications. Can't select text this way in Xterm, which
is what I use 99% of the time.