Running autogen.sh (was: Re: elinks upgrade request)

On 15.06.2020 17:40, Mayuresh wrote:
Would be good to have some guideline. Just instinctively I feel the
following is better, but I may be wrong:

${RUN} cd ${WRKSRC} && ${CONFIG_SHELL} autogen.sh

I prefer to have the CONFIGURE_ENV set as well, resulting in:

${RUN} cd ${WRKSRC} \
&& ${SETENV} ${CONFIGURE_ENV} ${CONFIG_SHELL} autogen.sh

Since that line is quite long and I don't like to see that line
redundantly, each with tiny variations, I suggest that packages just define:

HAS_AUTOGEN_SH= yes

and the pkgsrc infrastructure takes care of the rest, running it in
pre-configure.