Re: Garbled output with Firefox 77

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 20:53, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:
>>
>> > #Begin rant
>> > Apologies for playing a broken record, but I really don't understand
>> > the psychological resistance to opening an application with a new,
>> > clean profile before reporting issues.
>> > #End of rant
>>
>> Because what ought to be in the specification of firefox is that if you
>> upgrade it and keep using an old profile it ought to work.
>
> But it's not in the specification of Firefox, it has never been, it's
> not the way 99.9% of Firefox users (Windows, Mac) think and this is
> how the Firefox developers think it should be. From the horse's mouth:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems

I see.  Fair enough to try that as a way to get useful information to
figure out the bug.   I misinterpreted this as a notion that it was not
a bug if a new profile worked and the old one doesn't.

As long as an old profile breaking on upgrade is considered a bug, and
this is merely a request for debugging informatinon, I think that's
fine.