Re: Garbled output with Firefox 77

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 20:53, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > #Begin rant
> > Apologies for playing a broken record, but I really don't understand
> > the psychological resistance to opening an application with a new,
> > clean profile before reporting issues.
> > #End of rant
>
> Because what ought to be in the specification of firefox is that if you
> upgrade it and keep using an old profile it ought to work.

But it's not in the specification of Firefox, it has never been, it's
not the way 99.9% of Firefox users (Windows, Mac) think and this is
how the Firefox developers think it should be. From the horse's mouth:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems

> Dropping the profile and starting over is like saying an OS works even
> if you have to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL every 2 hours.

I don't agree with the comparison. You are not dropping the profile;
you just test a new one temporarily for troubleshooting purposes.
What's wrong with that?

--
Ottavio Caruso