Re: Is *anyone* using pkgsrc on IRIX?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 12:33:19PM -0700, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> What packages should we be adding (back), then, in order to make this
> useful for you?
>
> And is the current bootstrap process usable?

Just an anectode from (my) not so distant past:

For some platforms it would be really great to keep old binary bootstrap
results around, and maybe a few binary pkgs even if totally outdated.
This does not need to happen on TNF machines or official servers, but
we could have pointers that people are able to find easily.

I had to install an ancient SunOS some time ago and was mostly lost -
no official compiler available (to me), modern bootstrap did not work
with random gcc and binutils binaries I found elsewhere...

I timed out (the machine was running SunOS for some tests only, and I couldn't
spend too much time on it) and the machine got restored with NetBSD, bringing
back sane pkgsrc.

Martin