Re: Is *anyone* using pkgsrc on IRIX?

> There are more candidates with no users (or very infrequent people
> trying to be users) that could be dropped:
>
>  - MirBSD,
>  - OSF/1 (we used to get some reports that pkgsrc doesn't bootstrap),
>  - QNX (as far as I know there is no native toolchain),
>  - Bitrig (formally abandoned project),
>  - HP-UX (GDB dropped support for it 5 years ago!),
>  - Interix,
>  - AIX (I only saw once someone trying to use pkgsrc on it, Perl was
> unbuildable for it),
>  - BSD/OS

I did not make a deletion proposal for IRIX.  I was suggesting that far
less significant step of dropping a patch that caused problems for other
platforms, on the basis that the total effort/problems in the pkgsrc
world would be less.

I did list platforms by active/not active, as a guide for people having
to make the decision whether to spend time and effort to keep
platform-specific accomodations.

If there are platforms to remove (cvs rm mk/platform/foo.mk), I think it
would be good to list them in the next announcement, after floating it
on pkgsrc-users, and give it a while.   For now, I'm inclined to see if
anyone speaks up about the 'probably not in use' platforms.