Re: emulators/qemu: "bmake package" fails

On Fri, 24 May 2019 at 01:31, Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> On 24.05.2019 00:18, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 May 2019 at 19:38, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> >> So it would be good to "make package" without options and see how that
> >> goes.
> >>
> >> Then, you can look at all files starting with PLIST and see if they have
> >> conditionals and what the plan is for which binaries should be produced
> >> on what platforms, following upstream documentation, and then perhaps
> >> come up with a patch to maybe define conditionals and add to PLIST.
> >>
> >> We can't just change the PLIST because obviously the PLIST was right for
> >> the person who committed it, probably on netbsd-8.
> >
> > Update: I've done a
> > bmake PKG_OPTIONS.qemu="-sdl" package
> >
> > and unfortunately I got exactly the same result as earlier.
> >
> > What I don't understand is why the install/package stage insists on
> > creating these files:
> > qemu-aarch64_be
> > qemu-hppa
> > qemu-nios2
> > qemu-pr-helper
> > qemu-riscv32
> > qemu-riscv64
> > qemu-tilegx
> > qemu-xtensa
> > qemu-xtensaeb
> >
> > I've done a grep of these names on both PLIST and PLIST.Linux but
> > they're not there. I don't know where these targets come from.
> >
> > So I think this is not a problem with PLIST but in some of the many
> > patches somewhere along the lines.
> >
> > Would be interesting to see if somebody has recently compiled qemu on
> > NetBSD and had the same problem.
> >

> NetBSD (any BSD) right now does not support anything comparable to
> linux-user. There used to be bsd-user but it is long broken.
>
> FreeBSD had local patches for this mode of operation, but never upstreamed.
>
> qemu-$arch are for linux-user, so Linux specific.
>

> >> Separately, you might "cvs up -A" in qemu and try the head version,
> >> because it's only 5 weeks to the new stable.
> >
> > I can't do that because I've used git and I'm not sure one can change
> > branch in a subdir. In hindsight, I'd use CVS next time.
> >

> I've committed a speculative fix to the package. Please retry.

Hi, I started the build this morning, then I left and I just checked
the result. I don't know if there are any new commits, but it still
fails, albeit less than before. Command line:

$ bmake PKG_OPTIONS.qemu="gtk3 sdl" package install

=> Automatic manual page handling
=> Generating post-install file lists
pkg_create: can't stat
`/home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-unicore32'
=> Checking file-check results for qemu-4.0.0nb5
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in
/home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg:
ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-unicore32
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in
/home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg but not in
the PLIST:
ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/ivshmem-client
ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/ivshmem-server
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake[1]: stopped in /home/oc/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/emulators/qemu
*** Error code 1

Full log is available if needed.

--
Ottavio Caruso