Re: emulators/qemu: "bmake package" fails

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> I'm trying to install qemu on my Linux Mint Debian Edition. I'm using
> pkgsrc-2019Q1 and I've setup my WRKOBJDIR to /home/oc/pkgsrc/work.

> My command line is:
> bmake PKG_OPTIONS.qemu="gtk3 sdl" package install
>
> The fetch, configure and build phases seems to have gone alright. It's
> probably at the package stage that bmake fails:
>
> ERROR: ************************************************************
> ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in
> /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg:
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-unicore32
> ERROR: ************************************************************
> ERROR: The following files are in
> /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg but not in
> the PLIST:
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-aarch64_be
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-hppa
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-nios2
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-pr-helper
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-riscv32
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-riscv64
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-tilegx
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-xtensa
> ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/emulators/qemu/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/bin/qemu-xtensaeb
> *** Error code 1

The issue is that the set of files produced by the build differs from
what the PLIST says they should be.

There are two things you are doing differently:

  Linux Mint instead of netbsd-8
  passing options
  [probably you are on amd64 but you didn't say]

So it would be good to "make package" without options and see how that
goes.

Then, you can look at all files starting with PLIST and see if they have
conditionals and what the plan is for which binaries should be produced
on what platforms, following upstream documentation, and then perhaps
come up with a patch to maybe define conditionals and add to PLIST.

We can't just change the PLIST because obviously the PLIST was right for
the person who committed it, probably on netbsd-8.

Separately, you might "cvs up -A" in qemu and try the head version,
because it's only 5 weeks to the new stable.