Re: Request for texlive packages

> On Jun 17, 2018, at 03:13, Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 03:00:00PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
>> I just used fonts/tex-calligra for baptism invitations :-)
>
> I have used \usepackage{calligra} which works on my other texlive
> installations (non pkgsrc). But on pkgsrc texlive based setup it draws
> error:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `calligra.sty' not found.
>
> a. My immediate problem is, in pkgsrc based calligra how do you use
>   calligra?

fonts/tex-calligra contains TeX font files only. In order to use the font in LaTeX, you need print/tex-fundus-calligra, which I've just added. Updating texlive-collection-latexextra to 2018pre3 should install the package.

> b. If I make it above way, will the change remain compatible with other
>   texlive installations. I'll try out of course.

N/A

> c. In general, why shouldn't a latex source that works on texlive
>   otherwise not work on pkgsrc texlive without modification?

Because pkgsrc texlive is a subset of the full TeX Live distribution.

Regards,
Min