Re: texlive organization on netbsd

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 08:35:07PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> - Importantly, we are talking about a general problem with the likes of
>   texlive, python, R, nodejs and may be more. We have already made a
>   different call in other places - at least python and nodejs.
>
>   Wonder why the thought process for texlive is alone different from that
>   of, for example, python and nodejs.

Please read again what I said: because the texlive "solution" is broken.
It's not a package manager. It's a glorified download manager. It's not
even significantly simpler than just fetching the raw sources and
"installing" them locally. Don't expect anyone to waste time on such a
useless thing.

Joerg