Re: texlive organization on netbsd

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 08:52:12PM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
>   meta-pkgs/texlive-collection-langenglish
>   meta-pkgs/texlive-collection-binextra
>
> Probably a good starting point (modulo language preferences) for installing
> texlive bits from pkgsrc.

Thanks.

A couple of questions:

1. I am not familiar with how meta-pkgs work - particularly how will I
know what they will install, like PLIST etc.

2. The latex packages one needs vary over time and they are just too large
in number. Just like what pip is to python, tlmgr is to texlive packages.
I think, given the ever growing count of packages in python or latex, it's
a better approach to leave them to use their own package management
instead of burdening pkgsrc with them.

Would appreciate further thoughts and discussions.

Mayuresh