Re: pkgtools/pkg status in NetBSD with pkgsrc, does anybody use it?

> What do the NetBSD pkgsrc developers use?

As a developer, I use the pkg_foo toolset (i.e. the default package tools). If we as devs used something else, that would probably be the default.

Having said that, I am curious about pkg and synth but I have not gotten around to trying them yet. I don’t even know how to get started with pkg, is there a how-to?

> I don't want to be the only one using pkgtools/pkg because, if something doesn't work right, there would be no community to help me.

True. I can see how that’s an argument. Or you could try it out and report back if it breaks.

—Benny.