pkgtools/pkg status in NetBSD with pkgsrc, does anybody use it?

I have a new (newly updated NetBSD installation (7.99.72 amd64) with no packages installed, and am trying to decide what do do regarding packages, whether to use pkg, imported from FreeBSD, or traditional NetBSD/pkgsrc tools.

What do the NetBSD pkgsrc developers use?

I don't want to be the only one using pkgtools/pkg because, if something doesn't work right, there would be no community to help me.

Tom