Re: Where to host ChezScheme boot images

    Date:        Tue, 16 May 2017 16:25:19 +0200
    From:        Aleksej Lebedev <root%zta.lk@localhost>

  | What I meant is go >14 is written in go and at some point it will stop
  | compiling with go14 as well.

If that happens, then we just also keep whatever version of go is the last
that go14 can compile (say go83) and build that one from go14, and then
use go83 to build the even newer versions.   And if needed, another version
can get kept as well (version being kept means its source code, naturally)
and perhaps go83 will be only able to compile up to go91, and then we use
one for even later versions.

This step by step process is why it gets called bootstrapping - pulling
your self up by your own bootstraps (shoe laces) - it is slow, and
laborious, but it works with no outside assistance.

Of course, none of this means that you can't use the compiler running
on linux or MacOS or something to more rapidly develop a BSD version,
just that there should be some way to make that version (once developed)
compile, all by itself - imagine some archeologist, hundreds (or thousands)
of years from now, finding your source code ... no systems you have binary
blobs for will still exist, anywhere, but source code is source code, it
should be able to be compiled.

kre