Re: Where to host ChezScheme boot images

On 2017-05-16 15:47, Aleksej Lebedev wrote:
On 2017-05-16 11:47, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 08:50:22PM +0200, Aleksej Lebedev wrote:
...would it
really be too much to ask to write a stupid bootstrap version? It
doesn't have to be terribly efficient and if the "Scheme" part is
anywhere true, it shouldn't be that hard.

Having said what I've said, I have to agree that this is a good
suggestion.

However in the world of Scheme as far as I know the standard
(RnRS) doesn't specify how the language interacts with the outside
world. It means that even if ChezScheme was implemented in R6RS
subset of Scheme, and there is another 100% compatible R6RS
implementation, it would be still quite hard to make a bootstrap
procedure using this other implementation.

--
Aleksej Lebedev