Re: Where to host ChezScheme boot images

On 2017-05-16 16:01, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
This is a subject people feel strongly about

Some real world problems:
for the paranoid, it means your binary must be trusted
for the multiarch, it means every machine must be first bootstrapped to work for the openbsd, it means that the binary bootstrap doesn't survive ABI bumps

All valid concerns. I agree.

go14 is not similar as it is built from C.

What I meant is go >14 is written in go and at some point it will stop
compiling with go14 as well.

there's no problem with a linux-only package, don't worry about it.

Actually there is the same problem with linux package. There is a whole bunch
of binary boot images in the original tarball. I hope that's OK.

And btw, if/once the tests are fixed, I am sure the boot images for BSDS will be
accepted upstream, so that there will be no need in separate distfiles.

--
Aleksej Lebedev