Re: Strange errors while compiling security/p5-GSSAPI

* On 2016-08-04 at 14:53 BST, Swift Griggs wrote:

> I've noticed that the repos often have (much) older pkg files in
> them versus what's in the matching CVS tagged release (ie..
> pkgsrc-2016Q2). For example, pkgin pointed at the 2016Q2 "All"
> directory for i386 installed an older version of Perl than what I
> got when I ended up removing the pkgin-installed-version and
> re-installing with "make install" from the pkgsrc dir (and it picked
> a newer release revision for perl than pkgin installed).

If you're on 2016Q2 as you say then this cannot happen, as:

 - Perl has been at version 5.24.0 since before 2016Q2 was branched,
   so the pkgsrc_2016Q2 tag, the pkgsrc_2016Q2 branch, and pkgsrc
   HEAD all have exactly the same version.

 - The repository clearly shows perl-5.24.0 and no other release
   available, e.g.:

     http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/7.0_2016Q2/All/perl-5.24.0.tgz

   This is the same for 6.1_2016Q2 and 6.0_2016Q2 too, in case you are
   running either of those releases.

Thus the explanations are that you're either not actually using
2016Q2, you've updated your local lang/perl5 to a newer version and
forgotten about it, or you are perhaps fetching from a rogue binary
package mirror which is shipping you outdated and possibly malicious
packages.  My guess is on #1.

Either way you'll want to figure out which of those it is before
proceeding any further, as you'll only hit more problems by carrying
on regardless.

Cheers,