Re: Package to access cell-phone storage?

"Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> writes:

> pkgsrc/devel/libmtp should work for Android.  There may or may not also
> be a nearly-hidden menu item somewhere on the phone to switch it back to
> USB-MSC for umass(4).

MTP is the right answer, I think.  I have not figured out if libmtp has
a command-line client, or if you need a transfer program that uses the
client.

The point of MTP vs mounting is that the phone can continue to access
the fs at the same time.  So you probably should go down that path.

Another alternative is to use syncthing, and mirror the entire phone
filesystem to your desktop.