Re: History behind pkgsrc 'biology' category

1) I'm on a biology packaging rampage right now and will be importing a bunch of genomics tools (e.g. trinity, ddocent and all their dependencies) to wip in the near future.

2) I'd like to see a general science category. As it is now, some science packages get shoehorned into math or biology. (e.g. chemtool, py-scipy) Where there aren't enough packages to warrant certain more specific categories, science would be a more intuitive place to look for them.

FWIW, FreeBSD ports has an "astro" (astronomy) category, but not the more general "physics".

    Jason