Re: devel/meld

David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:

> Would it be worth having a glib2 meta package which depends on
> glib2-base & dconf (if the expectation is that glib2 will always come
> with a gsettings backend)? - to avoid other apps running into the same
> thing as meld?

It seems to me that glib2 is useful for many things, and settings is
just one of them, and upstream does not see dconf as part of glib, so I
would tend to avoid doing this.  Plus it depends on libxslt, vala and
dbus.  I guess another question is how many packages that use glib2 need
a settings backend.  If 90%, then maybe, but if only 50%, it seems best
avoided.