Re: devel/meld

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 02:03:15AM +0100, Jan Danielsson wrote:
>    I have encountered two issues with meld:
>
>    1) Icons appear to be missing.  There seems to be a stock image in
> place of the regular icons in meld.
>
>       Installing graphics/gnome-icon-theme resolved some of them; the
> main window gets proper icons, but the preferences window seems to be
> missing icons (using the stock "default" image).
>
>       This is on both netbsd/amd64 -7 and Mac OS X (El Capitan)

Try installing adwaita-icon-theme.

>    2) I get a message in the terminal warning that it's using memory
> backed settings .. something, and that the settings aren't persistent.
> Sure enough, quitting and restarting yields a "fresh" meld configuration.

See

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2014/01/26/msg019269.html

Short recap: glib2 needs a gsettings backend, dconf is one, but dconf
needs glib2 to build, so glib2 can't depend on it.

So far I have added a dconf dependency to gnucash, but evince3 might
also need it. And, it seems, meld.
 Thomas