Re: Please recommend a user friendly screenlock/screensaver

On 18 November 2015 at 21:08, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2015, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

>> I was asking in my previous post if hacking
>> /etc/powerd/scripts/sleep_button was a possible solution.
>

> Yep. That'd be the way to go. Sorry I can't give you a more specific
> solution or suggestion.

As a temporary solution I've added the line:

su user -c "slock"

[where user is the non root user]

to the sleep_button script and it works.

It is not an elegant solution, because it works only for one user.

Slock, just like any other X applications, cannot be launched as root.

If anybody has a more elegant solution, please come forward.

--
Ottavio