Re: Please recommend a user friendly screenlock/screensaver

On 18 November 2015 at 20:17, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> If you have your laptop configured for hibernate & wake-up linked to the lid
> switch and automatically kicked off, then I'm not sure how you are going to
> magically have the OS start a screensaver on wake-up... However, I doubt
> that's the case.

But this is not really magic, is it?

If the OS is intelligent enough to understand it is waking up from
sleep, why can it not activate a certain application?

I was asking in my previous post if hacking
/etc/powerd/scripts/sleep_button was a possible solution.

--
Ottavio