Re: pkgsrc on Mac OS X now supports X11_TYPE=modular, please test it

On 10/13/15 12:56 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:

Louis Guillaume <louis%zabrico.com@localhost> writes:

On 10/1/15 9:08 AM, Tobias Nygren wrote:
Hi!

As subject says, you can now let pkgsrc manage your X11 installation on
Darwin. This includes support for building X11.app, the window manager
integration and OpenGL.

Would it be possible to get this package pulled up to pkgsrc-2015Q3?

As a rule we do pullups only for bugfixes.  New things like this get
debugged in head and show up in the next branch.

Have you tried it?  Do you have a report of how it worked?

I was about to but decided to upgrade to "El Capitan" first. It nuked my /usr/pkg directory and now I must re-bootstrap!

Incidentally - the new OS X 10.11 now disallows (by default) creation of directories under /usr (and other places like /System.) Even if you're root! It's the System Integrity Protector, apparently. I'm going to bootstrap for /opt/pkg (reluctantly).

I have checked out x11/modular-xorg-xquartz and wm/quartz-wm from -current. Hopefully this will not have issues with the rest of the tree being pkgsrc-2015Q3.

Louis