Re: pkgsrc on Mac OS X now supports X11_TYPE=modular, please test it

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:40:16 -0400
Louis Guillaume <louis%zabrico.com@localhost> wrote:

> I have checked out x11/modular-xorg-xquartz and wm/quartz-wm from
> -current. Hopefully this will not have issues with the rest of the tree
> being pkgsrc-2015Q3.

I'm afraid you will need a couple of other things from HEAD or
you will run into build errors. At least the following need to be
upgraded:

graphics/MesaLib
graphics/libepoxy
wm/libAppleWM
x11/xf86driproto
x11/xinit

It should be safe to upgrade those to HEAD and use them with
pkgsrc-2015Q3 but I cannot guarantee it. The changes are too large
(most notably mesa 11) to be able to put them in the current release
branch.

It is also possible to bootstrap pkgsrc-current to an alternate
prefix (like say /opt/pkg-current) and only install
x11/modular-xorg-xquartz there. Then you can keep /opt/pkg on 2015Q3
and install the rest of your packages there like usual.

-Tobias