Re: More options for nginx

Jean-Yves Moulin <jym%baaz.fr@localhost> writes:

>> My quick reaction is that gthe nginx package has a crazy amount of
>> options.
>
> Yes, but the nginx build implies this. Almost everything is a module.
> I don't know how to do that differently :-)

Is there a way to have each module be a package (in pkgsrc) that depends
on the main nginx package?

Given all of this, I don't mean to really object to adding options.  I
just wanted to note that the overall (existing) situation with options
is not that great, and that pkgsrc has a bias against packaging
unreleased code.

>> I wonder if nginx is going to accept these patches/modules, or if they
>> will remain separate, and what you think about that.
>
> As nginx.com provides syslog as a paid module, I don't think that syslog
> will be added in the community release.

This may be a situation where packaging unreleased code makes sense.