Re: cairo build error (any2ppm.c:(.text+0x158): undefined reference to `cairo_image_surface_create')

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 05:26:18PM +0200, Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Well, I'm trying to trace where things go wrong, starting by dropping
> the LTO-disabling patch that I needed to make things work with gcc-4.8
> on another system. And I'll be damned, of course it works now.

That's always good to include in your bug reports: please mention when
you have local changes and what they are!

> Obviously, the patch rips out quite a lot of it. I wonder, though, if
> this is only a side-effect of re-creating the build cruft:
>
> +# Regenerate configure because of patch for --disable-lto.
> +
> +USE_TOOLS+=          autoconf automake
> +
> +pre-configure:
> +	cd ${WRKSRC} && ./autogen.sh

That looks good. What does the output of 'make clean && make
configure' look like with that?

> configure.ac:17: warning: macro `AM_SILENT_RULES' not found in library
> autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
> configure.ac:17: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_SILENT_RULES
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

It shouldn't call /usr/bin/autoconf though... Perhaps you need to
muddle PATH around a bit so that the copy in ${BUILDLINK_DIR} or
whatever it's called will be before /usr/bin.
 Thomas