Re: cairo build error (any2ppm.c:(.text+0x158): undefined reference to `cairo_image_surface_create')

Am Sat, 11 Oct 2014 00:18:02 +0200
schrieb Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost>:

> It shouldn't call /usr/bin/autoconf though...

Sorry for causing confusion. The key here is the sentence leading to
the quote: "autogen.sh plainly fails on the bare system". With "bare
system" I mean the stock SLES without pkgsrc at all, so
obviously /usr/bin/autoconf.

Well, it's been settled now ... I didn't immediately think of the patch
I applied, well, of course I had it in mind, but ruled it out because I
somehow assumed autotools would "just work" and if configure runs, it
will run fine. Turns out they generate a somehow broken configure
script (or rather Makefiles) and I'm not inclined to discern the reason
for _that_ weirdness. I want to keep some rest of my sanity, if I ever
had some.

So, move along, folks. Sorry for the noise. One point might be the
actual LTO issue with the current cairo in pkgsrc that might or might
not cause a similar failure to link with a hollow library (depending on
how old the base system toolchain is).

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--