Re: XSB Prolog on NetBSD (Re: wine-devel hangs with high CPU usage)

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:28:43PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>> Can you point us to source tarball? Share changes you made?
>> Perhaps we could look at it.
>
> What does it take for a software to be added to pkgsrc?
>
> I'd really love to see XSB there, even though it works for amd64 as of
> now.

Package and submit, it doesn't matter whether you file it as PR, send it
to pkgsrc-users, or to some active developer directly.

I took a short look at it and see that there're few problems to be fixed
first:
1. XSB tries to install files even before it has passed configuration stage.
2. It reports that it fails to find iTCL, yet tries to install the file.

It sounds like it is a messy software. It will take some time.

(By the way, why don't you use Yap or SWI Prolog instead? Do you use any
highly XSB-specific tools?)

--
HE CE3OH...