Re: wine-devel hangs with high CPU usage

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 01:22:24AM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>> Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:
>>
>> > I was able to build wine-devel on current. However it just hangs on
>> > startup with high (close to 100%) CPU usage. Can't be killed with Ctrl-C.
>> > Has to be killed with kill -9.
>> >
>> > I have seen this thread:
>> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2011/08/18/msg014843.html
>> >
>> > Anything further happened on that?
>> >
>> > Shall I file a problem report? (Kindly give me some pointers to log a
>> > report. I have not done that before.)
>>
>> No, not for pkgsrc.
>
> Ok. But where do I report this then? To app owner? From their point of
> view, this release "works" though since it does on many other platforms.

WINE has its own bug tracker. If they think this release "works", then
it is problem.

Also WINE has long track of such bugs. It works mostly or maybe sometimes
(e.g. it works for some of my software), but sometimes it doesn't.

> What's the best way to get wine running on NetBSD?

The best way is you fix it yourself.

(Just to make it clear, you can file PR in pkgsrc, but it doesn't mean
that it's going to be fixed soon or ever. WINE isn't easy to support.
You have to get involved into the process somehow. Ideally, you should
provide detailed analysis and hopefully a fix.)

--
HE CE3OH...