Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms (Was: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native)

On 17 September 2011 01:09, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 01:15:00PM -0700, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>> After all, "native" _is_ (for these purposes) Modular Xorg in netbsd-5
>> and newer!
>
> No, native is X11R7 whatever. pkgsrc requires it either to be completely
> and sane or missing. Modular means "pull in the requied pieces and only
> those".

To clarify - pkgsrc targets X11R7 or later for building X apps,
whether that is native or modular.

Given this, unless someone is volunteering to maintain support for
Xfree86 or other X versions the X11_TYPE should default to modular for
those platforms.

So, so we have anyone willing to maintain support for building against
(native) pre X11R7 in pkgsrc?