Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms (Was: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native)

I read this discussion on native vs. modular X11_TYPE and am confused.

Supposing I download NetBSD 5.1_STABLE (netbsd-5 branch) or HEAD from
nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/, which X do I get?  It is installed in
/usr/X11R7; /usr/X11R6 subdirectories are all empty.

I could download either binary, in the case of netbsd-5, or source sets.  I
want to know if I should skip xsrc.tgz in favor of pkgsrc X, would I get
something different on i386 or amd64?

On my new computer, I've been unable to get to anything graphic in NetBSD, and
was never successful in booting NetBSD HEAD on the hard drive, or even on a USB
stick.

Only NetBSD installation I still have for amd64 is on a 16 GB USB stick,
5.1_STABLE.  Source was on the hard drive, but that was repartitioned out, and
FreeBSD 9.0 BETA2 now occupies that space, where I also had NetBSD HEAD.

Hard drive is partitioned GPT.

Tom