Re: pkg_rolling-replace infinite loop?

Alan Barrett <apb%cequrux.com@localhost> writes:

> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
>> In my case, the packages in $REPLACE_TODO were py26-gnupg
>> and py26-setuptools, while $TSORTED contained py25-gnupg and
>> py25-setuptools, so the last package in my $TSORTED list (wl-snapshot)
>> just got repeatedly reinstalled
>
> You may be encountering an old bug, in which the attempt to build
> py25-something actually ends up building py26-something, simply because
> of PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT=26.  Then, next time round the loop, pkg_rr
> notices that py25-something is not installed, so it tries again, with
> the same bad result.
>
> Please try the appended patch, which I have been using for some time.

Thanks for sending this, and sorry it took me so long to deal with it.
I have applied this as pkg_rolling-replace 0.23.

Thanks also to Ian for the patch to error out when no package is
selected for replacing (that's 0.22).

Please let me know if there are any regressions from these changes, or
if there are other changes that should be applied that I've overlooked.