Re: what happened to adjustkernel?

On Thu 25 Feb 2010 at 04:01:30 PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:17:57AM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>> Was I unclear? Let me repeat myself:
>>
>> I use adjustkernel fairly often. Every couple of months at least. I know
>> it's broken, but I find it useful. I know how to edit the kernel config
>> by hand, but I'd rather start with the output of adjustkernel.
>>
>> I would like it put back. Mention that it's going to leave out buses if
>> you have to (it's pretty predictable in what it's going to do).
>
>Please fix it or find someone to fix it, then I see no problem with
>putting it back in pkgsrc.
>
>Otherwise, just copy the last copy you have lying around and use it
>for as long as you like... I don't see any advantage for having this
>package in pkgsrc if noone is interested in fixing it for 8 years.

Do no harm, DTRT, did anyone check usage stats? Perhaps nobody fixed it
because of the valuable comments at the end. As far as I'm concerned it
was never broken, never advertised as a close your eyes and configure
the kernel tool. I always go in an purge ppp, some extra fs and add pf
too. maybe the src build.sh script should be purged as well since it
requieres a manual fixups? Sure, I'd like adjkernel better if it was
written in /bin/sh but if that is a problem I can always process the
dmesg on a host that has perl....

BTW anyone know why a fresh netbsd src checkout, build.sh distribution
and install always fails the first time through, but works the second?