Re: Removing old and broken and/or insecure packages

On Fri 15 Jan 2010 at 22:10:41 +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> This sounds more like a general problem of something grabbing the XServer,
> distoring the sound, etc.  I did also look at this to make sure I was
> giving out the proper advice -- everything you've said here never happened
> for me at all; played my music just fine.

I'm sure you tested before you wrote, but there seems to be something
different in my system. I've tried several times with mixed results,
sometimes it worked ok but other times it would play mp3 files as random
noise, or eat lots of CPU. I'm not convinced by this program, which
really is a pity, since I do like most of the user interface.

(I noticed that mpg123 seems to fail on some mp3 files on 64 bit CPUs,
thinking them corrupted; maybe audacious has similar problems).

> -- Thomas Adam
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.