Re: Removing old and broken and/or insecure packages

On Thu 14 Jan 2010 at 01:33:25 +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> Just out of interest -- hasn't this version of XMMS fallen from grace with
> developers in favour of audacious?

Just compiled it, looks very similar to Xmms. Spews error messages like

(audacious:17090): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_copy_area:
assertion `dest_x >= 0 && dest_x + width <= dest_pixbuf->width' failed

and doesn't update the playing time display on the first file I tried.
Horrible clicks/noise when pausing/unpausing. Refuses to seek properly.
Doesn't terminate properly. Either this is general, or it managed to get
royally confused by this particular random file. I tried it in xmms and
it played it fine.

I like the multiple playlists though. But doesn't remember the filenames
of them when you want to save them a second time.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.