Re: proposed reduction in graphviz dependencies

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:29:29 -0400
[...]
> I think that there are far too many options for this package -- I doubt
> very much that the maintainer has tested all 512 combinations.

What do you mean with "tested" - nearly all modern software has more
features than one person can test in reasonable time.

I built all 512 combinations on 4 OS: FreeBSD 7-STABLE, NetBSD 5, RHEL 4.x
and AIX 5.3 - and we did the work we did.

I must count on the expertise of the developers to make their job good.
Reducing options or dependencies will not reduce the risk of bugs happening,
it just provides a mask if the bug hit us.

But if you want to do the next update - 2.24 is out - feel free.

Best regards,
Jens