Re: [rant] Too many dependencies

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:30:40 +0900, Jan Danielsson
<jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

>     I guess it would be difficult to implement (to everyones
> satisfaction), but it would be great if one could set a variable which
> stipulates what kind of system one wants: Maximum features, or minimal
> dependencies.

I wonder if we should introduce suggested option set.
Say, each packages define PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.lite,
PKG_SUGGESTE_OPTIONS.gnome and so on
and user define PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS_SET=lite.

>     Looking at the tree above, I don't see that there are many options
> which would trim the dependency tree. But I don't know if there perhaps
> are undocumented flags (the script I used to generate the tree parses
> the output from "make show-depends" and "make show-options") which would
> trim it down further.

You can use "make show-depends-options".

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost