Re: proposed reduction in graphviz dependencies

Greg Troxel wrote:
> Well said.  What I was trying to get at is
>
>   for packages with "too many" dependencies, identify options that
>   dramatically reduce the dependency footprint without making the
>   package significantly less useful in the normal case.  Move those out
>   of PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.
>
> For graphviz:
>
> These options are enabled by default:
>         gd gtk lua pangocairo perl rsvg swig tcl x11
>
> These options are currently enabled:
>         gd gtk lua pangocairo perl rsvg swig x11
>
> [I have -tcl in PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS.]
>
> I'd drop lua, perl, swig from that.  I have yet to meet anyone who uses
> them.
>
> I'd drop rsvg as long as that lib pulls in libgsf.
>
> I don't know about pangocairo.
>
> Objections?  Jens - what do you think?

I'd prefer separate packages where possible instead of options. It's much
more usable for end users using both source and binary packages. Without
digging too much into it and looking just a PLIST file it seems to be
doable for most of graphviz options.

--
Hasso Tepper