RE: building lang/gcc34 on Solaris 9

On Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:37 PM, Jörn Clausen
<mailto:joernc%googlemail.com@localhost> scribbled:
>> I guess I don't care that gcc, or anything else, is 64-bit or not.
>> (Might be nice but not essential to me.)  Do I just set ABI=32 in
>> mk.conf to switch to 32-bit generation?
>
> In that case you should simply stick to the defaults, i.e. you do not
> have to configure anything in mk.conf. This will get you 32 bit
> binaries, independent of the OS or the compiler.

After a bit of googling I decided to go with the GCC For Solaris Systems,
and avoid having to bootstrap pkgsrc gcc.  Redoing the pkgsrc bootstrap with
it went well, but now gettext-tools doesn't build.  I'm looking into that.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Tim
--
Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
    InterCall, a division of West Corporation

               Eschew obfuscation!