Re: building lang/gcc34 on Solaris 9

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Larson, Timothy E.
<TELarson%west.com@localhost> wrote:
> I get the following error:
>
> ld: fatal: file /usr/ccs/lib/values-Xa.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
> sparcv9/libgcc_s.so.1.tmp
>
> This seems to be a case of using 32-bit libraries when trying to build a
> 64-bit app, but I'm not sure how to rectify it for pkgsrc.  I am using the
> gcc from sunfreeware.  Any thoughts?

According to this page

http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~dauphin/pkgsrcmywork/

the 64-bit mode of the Sun Freeware GCC contains some bugs, although I
don't know, if they are the cause of your problem. Personally, I don't
think it is possible at all to build a 64 bit compiler on sparc from
lang/gcc34.

My advice is: If you want to use the 64 bit ABI, either use Sun
Studio, or on Sparc use GCC for Sun Systems. For more information see

http://www.oe-files.de/oefiles/lab/solpkgsrc

--
Joern Clausen
joernc%gmail.com@localhost