RE: building lang/gcc34 on Solaris 9

On Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:20 PM, Jörn Clausen
<mailto:joernc%googlemail.com@localhost> scribbled:
> According to this page
>
> http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~dauphin/pkgsrcmywork/
>
> the 64-bit mode of the Sun Freeware GCC contains some bugs, although I
> don't know, if they are the cause of your problem. Personally, I don't
> think it is possible at all to build a 64 bit compiler on sparc from
> lang/gcc34.
>
> My advice is: If you want to use the 64 bit ABI, either use Sun
> Studio, or on Sparc use GCC for Sun Systems. For more information see
>
> http://www.oe-files.de/oefiles/lab/solpkgsrc

I guess I don't care that gcc, or anything else, is 64-bit or not.  (Might
be nice but not essential to me.)  Do I just set ABI=32 in mk.conf to switch
to 32-bit generation?

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
    InterCall, a division of West Corporation

               Eschew obfuscation!