Re: Developing packges with alternates as dependencies?

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Gary Thorpe wrote:

> but if ../../sysutils/progwithlibs (which has standalone-libs as part
> of its distribution) has already been installed, then I would want to
> use the libraries bundled with it already.
>
> Is this possible to do?

If I understand you correctly, this is can be handled via builtin.mk
files, for example:

pkgsrc/devel/libevent/builtin.mk

These can be tricky to write and to test. But there are many examples.

We can help more if you provide exact package in progress -- maybe commit
your work in progress to pkgsrc-wip?

  Jeremy C. Reed