Developing packges with alternates as dependencies?

Hi,

I am trying to import a software package into pkgsrc and I have a
problem regarding 'alternate' dependencies: by this I mean the package
requires either one OR another package to build but not both (and these
two packages conflict). If either one is present, then the package I am
working on can be built.

I have specified the dependency for one of these by doing something
like this in the Makefile:
.include        "../../devel/standalone-libs/buildlink3.mk"

but if ../../sysutils/progwithlibs (which has standalone-libs as part
of its distribution) has already been installed, then I would want to
use the libraries bundled with it already.

Is this possible to do?

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right
on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca