Re: Developing packges with alternates as dependencies?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 11:21:17AM -0400, Gary Thorpe wrote:
> Thanks for all the response.
>
> I take it then that the newer buildlink framework cannot deal with this
> on its own and one has to use the shell-like expression matching and
> the older make variables to specify alternates?
>
> How would I specify alternates that live in different directories of
> pkgsrc e.g. devel/alt1 and sysutils/alt2? Would it be:
>
> BUILD_DEPENDS+={alt1>=1.1:../../devel/alt,alt2>=2.3:../../sysutils/alt2}

No, the part before the colon specifies the _PKGNAME_ pattern, the part
after specifies the _location_ in pkgsrc where to get the package if it's
not yet installed.

With options you could just .include the respective buildlink3.mk files in
in .if statements (there are many examples, look at any options.mk file in
pkgsrc).

        Geert