Re: Developing packges with alternates as dependencies?

--- Geert Hendrickx <ghen%telenet.be@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 05:21:36PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > Yes, I think so.  The options.mk file for sysutils/memtestplus has

BUILD_DEPENDS+={cdrtools,cdrtools-ossdvd}>=2.01:../../sysutils/cdrtools

> That will pick cdrtools (in this case) if neither is installed.
> Another
> possibility is using PKG_OPTIONS, so the user can set the preferred
> dependency beforehand.
>
>       Geert

Thanks for all the response.

I take it then that the newer buildlink framework cannot deal with this
on its own and one has to use the shell-like expression matching and
the older make variables to specify alternates?

How would I specify alternates that live in different directories of
pkgsrc e.g. devel/alt1 and sysutils/alt2? Would it be:

BUILD_DEPENDS+={alt1>=1.1:../../devel/alt,alt2>=2.3:../../sysutils/alt2}

      Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new
Yahoo! Mail: http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca