NetBSD-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

sysupgrade on aarch64



Hello — I was thinking about updating to a Daily build of NetBSD 11. My current system:

rockpro64:/home/joelp$ uname -a
NetBSD rockpro64 11.0_STABLE NetBSD 11.0_STABLE (GENERIC64) #0: Sun Aug 2 14:10:41 UTC 2026 mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/GENERIC64 evbarm

I then realized my build machine is not in great shape right now, so then thought about sysupgrade and I installed it. I tried something simple:

rockpro64:/home/joelp$ doas sysupgrade auto
sysupgrade: I: Starting auto-update with stages: fetch modules kernel sets etcupdate postinstall clean sysupgrade: I: Downloading https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-11/latest/evbarm/binary/sets/base.tgz into /var/cache/sysupgrade
Trying [2a04:4e42:200::262]:443 ...
Requesting https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-11/latest/evbarm/binary/sets/base.tgz Redirected to /pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-11/20261002180751Z/evbarm/binary/sets/base.tgz
Trying [2a04:4e42::262]:443 ...
Requesting /pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-11/20261002180751Z/evbarm/binary/sets/base.tgz
ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
sysupgrade: E: Failed to fetch https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-11/latest/evbarm/binary/sets/base.tgz

Then I looked in /usr/pkg/sbin/sysupgrade and noticed this:

    if [ "$(uname -p)" = 'x86_64' ] || [ "$(uname -p)" = 'sparc64' ]; then
        shtk_config_set ARCHIVE_EXTENSION "tar.xz"
    else
        shtk_config_set ARCHIVE_EXTENSION "tgz"
    Fi

Currently, the endpoint where it tries to fetch is "tar.xz", not "tgz", hence the 404.

Questions (assuming my build machine is still broken):

    What should ARCHIVE_EXTENSION be really? Bug in sysupgrade?
    Is Daily a good place to get any binary security patches?


Thanks - Joel


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index