NetBSD-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: My ongoing Radeon HD-5450 saga



On my test machine with NetBSD/amd64 11.0, and a Radeon GD 5450 card,
I may just have found a way to reproduce my font corruption and/or GPU
hangs (that I have annoyed everybody with already so many times).

I was in a directory with jpeg files which are rather larger than my
screen. The screen is 1920x1200, the images at least 1536. I ran the
command 'mpv *.jpg' and it played them in windows that were partially
off screen.

It didn't just corrupt immediately or so. Moving the windows around
could have helped. I also switched to the wscons console and back a few
times. But within a few minutes or so, the corruption appeared.

I managed to do it twice: first with the compositor picom from pkgsrc
running, and the second time without. Maybe the second time took longer.

So possibly operating on off-screen window parts could have some bug. Or
that they are larger than some minimum size. I vaguely recall some
program reporting some maximum supported size for bitmaps and it was
something close to the screen size. Unfortunately I don't remember which
program.

-Olaf.
-- 
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index