NetBSD-Users archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
Oct 3, 2026, 00:59 by rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost:
> On Sat, 3 Oct 2026, Jeff wrote:
>
>> Specific things that I don't know:
>>
>> - How do I learn what NetBSD calls the partition that I want to work with. For instance, if "fdisk -l" in Linux tells me that it's /dev/sda4, what command can I run in NetBSD to find out what NetBSD calls it?
>>
>
> sysctl hw.disknames
>
> -RVP
>
Oh, cool! I guess this answers the question I asked at the end of my reply to Martin. I should have read ahead. :-)
Thanks!
Jeff
- Prev by Date:
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Next by Date:
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Previous by Thread:
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Next by Thread:
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Indexes:
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index